Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sophie becomes an Alabama dog

This is my story...

I was born in Colorado. I'm a Landseer. My folks think I'm a European Continental Landseer due to my body style. I'm a big paw, a Newfoundland.
I was born in October of 2005. Mum and Dad speculate due to my unusual coloring that my doggies parents were a brown and a Landseer Newf mating. I'm a Bronze Landseer. My first home after leaving my littermates and doggie Mom were in Colorado having fleed from something called Hurricane Katrina. They brought me home to New Orleans where I lived for 2 months.
My vet records say I was heavily medicated due to skin issues as a result of being outside in New Orleans after the messy aftermath of the hurricane. I had a little girl as a friend but she became scared of me and my first Mom decided to rehome me. I think they also shaved my hair because I didn't have fluffy puppy hair except on my ears and tail when my forever Mum and Dad came to pick me up.
A nice lady from Houma took me in while she looked for someone who wanted to become parents again. She had some dogs and cats and we played hard. I got into a sharpie the weekend my new folks came to get me and I still had ink all over my short hair. We drove all the way from Houma to the beach road in Pass Christian to see the devastation the hurricane left behind. At one point, we got out and walked on the beach and I barked at my new dad...Mum could tell I didn't know how to walk on a leash too well.
Everyone mistook me for a Springer Spaniel until I started to grow. :)
I was a chewer and destroyed shoes, hats, toothbrushes, dental floss, and a silk tree. I finally figured out that Mum and Dad LIKED those things and that eating them didn't make them happy. Woops - sorry about the tree! If it makes you feel any better, it was more fun to play with than all the toys you left for me the first time I was allowed to stay out of my crate while you were at work :) They were laughing at me while they took these pictures btw. See all those icky toys around my mass destruction? :)

I have been with my forever family for 3.5 years and love love love my Mowglie (aka "The Toof") and my biggest brother, Bava. I'm the queen of the house, but I let my two brothers push me around. I am a princess and love to be the center of attention. I have my own Coolaroo bed in Daddy's office where I sleep while he works. He tells Mum I snore sometimes. Princesses don't snore! Mum tells me I'm a Daddy's girl....I think I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment