Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mardi Gras - Laissez Las Bon Chiens Rouler!

Mardi Gras time for the Mobile area

A no-kill shelter in Fairhope was hosting a really cool parade for dogs and their owners! We convinced Mom and Dad to go to the parade.

I went to work with Mom like a big boy thinking I was just going to hang out with her during the day, but an hour after we'd gotten there, she dropped me off at a groomers. ERG! MOM!!!!

Mom went back to work and fretted all day. I'd left all my cool toys, my bowl of water, a cookie and my towel in her office for her to watch and some of my drool and hair even graced the carpet in her office. Had to make it feel like home. Mom thought it was funny (my hair is still in a little pile next to one wall btw).

They tried to trim and file my nails, but my feet are sensitive. Mom told them that it was okay if they couldn't trim them that day. (Dad did them last night, grrrrrrr) They wiped my ears out - ICKY! and squeezed my butt to see if my glands needed cleaning - double ick! shampooed, conditioned and dried me. I smell so nice and my hair is super clean and soft. Mommy gave me lots of hugs and kisses cause I'm so handsome.

I was such a good boy and super laid back, so they put me in a big play area with puppies and other small dogs. Lots of people came into see me cause they'd never seen a dog as big as me. They also took a lot of pictures of me. I'm such a cool dog :) I saw Mom as she came up the sidewalk and they let me run into the main part of the store to hug and drool all over her. I was totally exhausted and ready to go home.

Sophie was all jealous that I had my hair "did" by the ladies at the store. She bopped me on the head a few times with her big ole feet and asked me to play. Mom and Dad had something in store for her before the parade too :) So we ran to their bedroom and played with squeaky toys and had some treats before I had a long nap.

On Saturday, Mom and Dad got out their Mardi Gras throws from a couple years back, tried some costumes on us (I was too big for mine :( ) and brushed us. Sophie had to have a bath so she was as good looking and smelling as me and we went for a "ride" We like "rides".

We saw 100's of dogs. A small dog about as big as Mowglie smelled me then got very rude and snapped at me. Thankfully, Mom told the lady that her dog was being "bad" when the lady asked who had snapped at who. The lady took her pup away. I don't know if he liked me because I'm so big. Dad had put one of his T-shirts on me and Sophie was dressed like a Princess with fairy wings on. Maybe he was mad because he didn't have a shirt like mine? We looked so cool and a lot of people wanted to see us.

I met an elderly lady who had something wrong with her hands. Mom said it was arthritis. She was very nice and so happy to see me. She rubbed my hair on my head, neck and shoulders and told me what a pretty boy I was. She was very happy when Mom told her I wanted a hug from her. It made Mom emotional. I was just happy this nice lady wanted to give me some lovin's. I think I made her very happy.

We hugged a lot of kids and sniffed a lot of butts but we got very tired too. So Mom and Dad took us back to our van and we took a "ride" home where we slept for the next two days. Mardi Gras is so exhausting! But we give it two paws up.


Mardi Gras 2 yrs ago


Laissez Las Bon Chiens Rouler!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment